New England Clam Chowder
Based on the classic version served throughout New England. Enjoyed by fisherman and their families because it is delicious and ready in minutes.
Additional Ingredients: 2-10 oz cans chopped clams in juice or 3-6 oz cans, 4 C Chicken Broth, 1 C Cream.
For a delicious low-calorie version, substitute milk or water for the cream.
- Drain Clams & put juice in a pot with broth & 2 C water. Add potato mixture & seasoning packet. Stir.
- Bring to a boil & lower heat to a simmer. Cook for 25 min. or till potatoes & celery are tender. Remove Bay Leaf. Add reserved Clams.
- Stirring gently, add 1 C Cream or Milk & gently warm.
Add Salt/Pepper to taste.
Add a personal touch...Just before serving
- Top with crumbled bacon, saltines, or oyster crackers
- Add steamed broccoli or asparagus
- Garnish with chopped parsley or paprika
Gluten Free, No Added Salt, No MSG, No Preservatives