You don't actually have to be a hunter to enjoy the rich flavors of this stew.
Additional ingredients: 2 pounds Moose, Venison, Rabbit, Beef or Chicken, 4 C Chicken or Beef Broth, 4 Tbsp Tomato Paste, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp Balsamic or Wine Vinegar. Optional: 1-2 pounds Potatoes peeled and cut onto 1” cubes
- Cut meat into 1” cubes. Pat day. Add olive oil to a stew pot and sauté meat till it is no longer pink on the inside. Carefully add 2 C broth and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes till almost tender.
- Add remaining 2 C broth and 4 C water along with tomato paste and vegetable seasoning packet. Stir. Bring to a boil. Add optional potatoes. Lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Remove bay leaf. When meat is tender, add vinegar and stir
Add Salt, Pepper & Hot Sauce to taste
Serve with hot bread, biscuits or cornbread
Options to add the last 5 min. of cooking
- Add 2 C frozen corn, lima beans or green beans
- Add 1 can rinsed beans: kidney, black or garbanzo
- Add 1/2 C or more dried cranberries, cherries or raisins
- Add 2C mushrooms sliced and sautéed